Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Subclinical Acne in teenager

Subclinical Acne in teenager

Patient: I have subclinical acne and I’m in my teenage years. It is located on my forehead and I was wondering if it in a way to get rid of it without going to a dermatologist or using ridiculously expensive procedures/products?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Subclinical Acne in the area that you are experiencing it is very common and can be readil y treated with over the counter treatments from your pharmacy. Try washing your face daily with a mild unfragranced facial cleanser followed by application of moisturizer. Avoid touching the affected area throughout the day and using heavy make up which can clog the pores. Also, an active healthy lifestyle with a balanced diet and exercise will also help.Thank you for choosing askthedoctorcom.