Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Sudden back pain during sepsis/pneumonia recovery.

Sudden back pain during sepsis/pneumonia recovery.

Patient: I was just released from the hospital. was admitted for sepsis and pneumonia. was pain free @ discharge (sunday) but now I have a sharp stabbing pain in my lower left back. should I go back to the ER?

Symptoms: Persistent sharp stabling pain in lower left back

Doctor: Hi,Thank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You Are havin g backache. Treatment of it is rest and analgesic such as ibuprofen. Vitamin B and C helpful in recovery. If it is not relieved by it then you should visit ER.Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.