Sudden decrease in platelet count

Patient

Q: I AM 51 YEAR OLD MAN. I HAVE FEVER FROM 4 DAYS. IN BLOOD TEST IT IS SEEN THAT THERE ISA SUDDEN DECREASE IN PLATELET COUNT FROM 2LAKH TO 1LAKSIXSTEEN THOUSANT
WHAT IS THE DESEASE?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. The sudden drop in platelet count (Thrombocytopenia) could be due to your infection. This causes excess platelets entering the spleen to be processed after removing the infection leaving inflammation. Once the infection is cleared, you can expect to experience a rise in platelets once more. Should this not occur, please follow up with your doctor.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com