Sudden decrease in platelet count

Patient : I AM 51 YEAR OLD MAN. I HAVE FEVER FROM 4 DAYS. IN BLOOD TEST IT IS SEEN THAT THERE ISA SUDDEN DECREASE IN PLATELET COUNT FROM 2LAKH TO 1LAKSIXSTEEN THOUSANT WHAT IS THE DESEASE?
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. The sudden drop in platelet count (Thrombocytopenia) could be due to your infection. This c auses excess platelets entering the spleen to be processed after removing the infection leaving inflammation. Once the infection is cleared, you can expect to experience a rise in platelets once more. Should this not occur, please follow up with your doctor. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com