Sudden hair loss bald spot for 3 years

Patient

Q: What should I do to treat a bald spot that has been there since summer 2012? Tried Nizoral non-prescription strength with no results.

Symptoms:  In 2012-all 2013 scalp was sensitive to certain all-natural hair products, and regular Pantene shampoos; redness and burning resulted and bumpy appearance as scalp and hair dried after using baby shampoo and petroleum based hair oil- the two only products I could use for two to three years. It seemed that I had reaction to products containing neem oil, but my regular shampoo didn't have such. The summer it happened there were multiple heat waves and I had not washed my hair in a month before it happen and product build up was moderate; when I washed my hair, hair came out from the area (mid nape of back of head). It came completely slick-bald in a week. I though maybe I got ringworm from a child at church but noticed no ring. Strange though because the 2-3 years, at the bottom of the bald spot a single strand or two never fell out. They did break a little as I tried to cover the spot with the rest of my hair. I now use natural oil based hair cream and botanical shampoo. I want my hair back. I am female, with typical African textured hair. My hair has not been chemically treated since 2009. 2012 my hair was about 5 in long, now it is 12 inches at most and 4 in the short areas around the spot. The hair where the bald spot is used to be the longest. I read that is where hair grows fastest on the head but it's been two years with no sign of new growth or new follicles.
Doctor