Sudden Headache and Out of Breath

Patient

Q: I'm a 24 yr old female that's a pretty seasoned runner, if I didn't have time crunches most days I could run for an hour and a half (7-9 miles) without stopping, but today after 2 miles I was having alot of trouble catching my breath and suddenly had the worst headache, like my brain was being squeezed. It's probably nothing, but I just wanted to make sure because I've never had any trouble like this doing cardio or lifting weights.

Doctor

A:   By far the most common cause of a pressure or squeezing type of headache is the tension-type headache (TTH) and usually occurs without changing much in intensity or limiting daily activity and is not associated with serious disease. But cases where it is associated with vomiting are concerning and should require immediate medical attention.

By far the most common cause of a pressure or squeezing type of headache is the tension-type headache (TTH) and usually occurs without changing much in intensity or limiting daily activity and is not associated with serious disease. But cases where it is associated with vomiting are concerning and should require immediate medical attention.