x
163 Physicians Online

Question:

Sudden Headache and Out of Breath

I'm a 24 yr old female that's a pretty seasoned runner, if I didn't have time crunches most days I could run for an hour and a half (7-9 miles) without stopping, but today after 2 miles I was having alot of trouble catching my breath and suddenly had the worst headache, like my brain was being squeezed. It's probably nothing, but I just wanted to make sure because I've never had any trouble like this doing cardio or lifting weights.

Answer:

By far the most common cause of a pressure or squeezing type of headache is the tension-type headache (TTH) and usually occurs without changing much in intensity or limiting daily activity and is not associated with serious disease. But cases where it is associated with vomiting are concerning and should require immediate medical attention.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA