Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Sudden Lower Back Pain

Sudden Lower Back Pain

Patient: Hi can you answer a couple questions about sudden lower back pain?

Symptoms: Lower back pain, aching pain, very uncomfortable to stand/sit/walk, aching feeling in my upper thighs also

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.You seem to be suffering from any of the following:1. Muscular back pain2. Prol apsed Intervertebral Disc Compression.I would advise you to get following:1. X-ray Cervical spine2. X-ray LS spine3. Serum Calcium and Vitamin D3 levels4. ESR, CRP, Rheumatoid factor.For muscular pain i advise following:1. A combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside.2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.If the compression is found you would be treated with a combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin.But if the compression is very severe, causing motor weakness, tingling on any side of the body then surgical intervention would be required.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.