Sudden onset of increased urination frequency with excessive output

Patient

Q: Hi doctors,
I have been experiencing symptoms in the last two days that are concerning me and I hope you can help shed some light. Two nights ago, I began to notice that I was urinating far more frequently. I realized that within an hour, I had gone to the bathroom 5 time and my urine output was excessive each time. This issue has gotten significantly worse over the last two days and I woke up four times last night to use the bathroom. I've lost 8 pounds in 2 days and I haven't changed my diet. I am thin and with the exception of my mind numbing medical history, I am healthy. I do not suffer from depression and my diet is balanced. I do not have a doctor because I am no longer insured. My period isn't due for another 9 days, is usually light and only lasts 2 days. I'm not drinking large amounts of fluids and I don't use drugs or alcohol. Any suggestions on what might be causing this?

Doctor