Sudden onset of severe sore throat

Patient

Q: I caught a cold 3 weeks ago and it won't go away. The congestion and runny nose, sneezing and coughing has improved but I just developed a severe sore throat yesterday. I just went to ER 2 days ago for kidney stones and discovered I also had a bladder infection. I was put on Flowmax and antibiotics. Since I started the antibiotics, that is when I developed a severe sore throat. Should I seek further treatment?

Symptoms:  Sudden severe sore throat with no fever after cold symptoms has dissipated.
Doctor