Sudden Onset of Type 1 Diabetes?

Q: What is the likelihood I've developed type 1 diabetes? My urine has a very strong, sweet odor as of about a week now. In addition I've developed the night to urinate during the night which I've never had an issue with up until about 3 weeks to a month ago. This is despite me stopping the intake of fluids at roughly 8 p.m. to try to ward off this issue. I also suffer from constant fatigue. I get dizzy often and suffer from shakiness. I sometimes feel like I'm disconnected from my body, particularly in the extremities. I've scheduled an appointment for two days from now but am panicking until then.

Symptoms:  Nausea, headaches, frequent urination, sweet smelling urine, nocturnal urination, increase in thirst, dizziness, frequently flushed and hot but not sweaty

A:   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

Your symptoms are suggestive of diabetes.
However, to confirm that, blood sugar estimation is required.
If it comes out to be normal, then these symptoms can be related to anxiety, urinary tract infection, or thyroid disorders.
I would advise you to get following investigations done:

1. HbA1c
2. Fasting lipid profile
3. Serum creatinine
4. Urine for microalbumin, routine and microscopy.
5. ECG.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy