Sudden severe pain in both thighs cannot move legs from

Patient : Sudden severe pain in both thighs cannot move legs from lying down position or in recliner
Symptoms:  Sever pain in both thighs
Doctor :   Hello Welcome to Ask The Doctor. You seem to be suffering from Prolapsed Intervertebral Disc Compression that is cau sing the Radiculopathy and thigh pain and weakness. I would advise you to get a MRI lumbo-sacral spine done. Also you should get Serum Calcium and Vitamin D3 levels, ESR, CRP, Rheumatoid factor. For pain i advise following: 1. A combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamine 2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area. 3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally. 4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage. 5. SSRI like Duloxetine helps in long term. But if the compression is very severe, causing motor weakness , tingling on any side of the body then surgical intervention would be required. I hope it helps. Stay Healthy