Ask The Doctor > Pending > Sudden Sharp Shoulder and Elbow Pain

Sudden Sharp Shoulder and Elbow Pain

Patient: 2 months ago I had right shoulder arthroscopic subscap repair and biceps tenodesis performed and 3 weeks after surgery I feel down some stairs hurting my operative arm, since then I have had times when I move it where sudden severe sharp pain occurs at the top of the shoulder as well as the elbow joint and it lasts for about 5-10minutes then goes. The biceps are very painful to touch but not the shoulder or elbow joint. I was wondering could this be a torn bicep tendons.

Symptoms: Sudden Sharp pain at Shoulder and elbow lasts for 10mins, biceps very sore to touch, sudden numbness and tingling occurs when pain comes on and lasts for 30sec-1min

Doctor: