Sudden Weight Loss

Patient

Q: Hi I am a 19 year old male, 172cms tall and I weigh 50 kilos. 5-6 months ago I used to weigh 55-56 kilos. Naturally, I went to see a gp about this weight loss. He asked a lot of questions, tested my blood pressure, heart rate, e.t.c. and then go me to undertake blood tests, which included a full blood test, lipids test, glucose and some other tests. He said everything was ok, including thyroid function, but he said that I have mild neutropenia. His theory was that it was due to insufficient diet, but I explained to him my diet/lifestyle hadn't changed in the period in which the weight loss occurred. He then tested my blood for b12, folate, vitamin D and iron. I'm awaiting the results of those tests, but they won't come through until sometime next week. He also referred me to see a dietician.

Now this is all well and good, but my gp doesn't appear to have an idea as to what caused the weight loss. Any ideas after my long winded post?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Symptoms:  Late onset insomnia, mouth ulcers, excessive need to urinate during the night.
Doctor