Suffering from hair loss

Patient: Hii, i m 20 years old and suffering from hair loss. i think it genetic pattern hair loss as my father have the problem. about 40% of my hair from front have gone, i also have dandruff. Please assist me..

Symptoms: Hair loss, dandruff

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for choosing “Ask The Doctor” for posting your query.Hair loss and pattern are genetically de termined and if your father is also having a history of early baldness then its likely that you will loose your hair too. You have mentioned that you have dandruff as well and this further precipitates baldness. For dandruff you need to keep a clean and hydrated scalp. You need to wash your hair at-least thrice a week with a good anti dandruff shampoo. If still dandruff persists then candid lotion is a good agent to use for dandruff. Do meet your doctor and discuss these options with him.Hope I am able to answer your concerns.Wish you good health!