Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Suffering from hair loss

Suffering from hair loss

Patient: Hello, I am 19 years old girl and Im suffering from huge hair loss , only small amount of hair are left on my head… which are dry and almost dead.. there is also dandruff and scalp acne… plzzz suggest something for hair loss..

Doctor: HiThank you for the question.Hair loss can appear in many different ways, depending on the problem that’s causing it. It can come on suddenly or gradually and affect just your scalp or your whole body. Some types of hair loss are temporary while others are permanent. Causes might be:- Thyroid problems- Alopecia areata.- Scalp infectionsYour Doctor may perform blood tests to determine if you have a medical condition that causes hair loss, such as thyroid disease, diabetes or lupus.I hope this will help you. Have a nice day.