Suffering from severe Asthma

Q: Is there a way for me to cure my asthma? It has been affecting my life and I always have a burning sensation in my throat.

A:   Unfortunately, there is no cure for asthma, but symptoms can be controlled effectively with proper management and treatment . You need to be very careful and should be away from triggering factors.
The treatment varies in every individual , depending upon the triggering factors and severity.

Corticosteroid inhalers are taken on daily basis which is helpful in opening your airways . Leukotriene modifiers are oral medications that include montelukast , zafirlukast etc,.

Short acting beta agonists , these are bronchodilators , are rescue medications which are used to quickly relax and open the airways and relieve symptoms during asthma flare up.These include salbutamol, levalbuterol etc,.

Oral and intravenous corticosteroids may be required for acute asthma flare ups and for severe symptoms .