October 21, 2018

Sugar and urine test in pregnancy

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Sugar and urine test in pregnancy

Patient: Hi tahreem here,four months pregnant my question is Regarding my sugar and Urine test ,I have received my report and there’s a Normal range chart for Sugar and mine is in Normal range but WHEN I study my Urine report there’s written in Microscopy *”PUS CELL 30-35,and also written Needs C/S ,What does it means??

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,Pus cells 30-35 /hpf means a urinary tract infection and hence a culture sensitivity w ould be required to isolate the causative organism and then a pregnancy safe antibiotic can be started (like nitrofurantoin) to cure the infection. Please follow your physician’s advice in this regard. UTI has to be treated in pregnancy.Regards

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No