Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Sugar and urine test in pregnancy

Sugar and urine test in pregnancy

Patient: Hi tahreem here,four months pregnant my question is Regarding my sugar and Urine test ,I have received my report and there’s a Normal range chart for Sugar and mine is in Normal range but WHEN I study my Urine report there’s written in Microscopy *”PUS CELL 30-35,and also written Needs C/S ,What does it means??

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,Pus cells 30-35 /hpf means a urinary tract infection and hence a culture sensitivity w ould be required to isolate the causative organism and then a pregnancy safe antibiotic can be started (like nitrofurantoin) to cure the infection. Please follow your physician’s advice in this regard. UTI has to be treated in pregnancy.Regards