Suggested length of time for maternity leave

Patient : What is the suggested length of time for maternity leave before returning to work full time?
Symptoms:  N/a
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query, The ideal time for the maternity leave in case of no comorbidities and normal pregnanc y if from the the 38th week onwards till 6 weeks beyond pregnancy to cover the postpartum period for recovery and baby care, in terms of breastfeeding and bonding with the child. At 6 weeks, the physiological changes have completed by then by returning to the pre-pregnancy state and you can then take to full time working. Hope this helps. Regards