x
186 Physicians Online

Question:

Sunburn and a bleeding, sore mole

I have a mole on the side of my nose that has been there as long as I can remember. I burn easily and got sunburned the other day. Since then the mole has been sore and bleeding. I am wondering if I should be concerned.

Answer:

I still suggest have it checked by a dermatologist. Some skin cancers present with a mole and can have a very prolonged course (years, decades) and it is more common on those who have fair skin. It is also better to ask for a prescription for creams or ointments to prevent the bleeding mole from getting infected. I hope this helps.

Guest Says: I had also a mole on the right side of my nose but it not so big,so it is ok to remove my mole?

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA