Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Sunday morning I was fine, around noon I began getting

Sunday morning I was fine, around noon I began getting

Patient: Sunday morning I was fine, around noon I began getting nauseated like there was a ball sitting in my stomach. Around three I began getting sick. After the first time I felt better so I thought I was ok, but I ended up getting sick again. Over the night, I got sick several times I could not keep anything down, not even water. I could not lay on my sides or sleep cause it was so bad. I began to feel aches because of getting sick so much. The nausea subsided a bit finally in the early morning but the ache and feeling of nausea continued over Monday but I did not get sick anymore. I was able to keep liquid and some solid food down. By Tuesday after finally getting a night’s sleep, I feel fine, but I do not know why I suddenly got so ill.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.On reading the symptoms that you had it looks like you must have had acute gastritis an d GERD, that must have caused retching, simulating a nausea and feeling weak and nauseous throughout. It can recur again. Hence, consider seeing a physician for an examination and to rule out the above causes. Also, drink plenty of water and avoid smoking, alcohol, fat and oily food. Make sure you reduce your stress and get at least 8 hours of sleep daily. Things will settle down and you may need a course of antiemetics and antacids.Hope this helped.Regards