Sunken Eyes

Patient : I'm 17 and I have really deep set, hollow, eyes. I don't have dark circles, but they are just really deep, and create a shadow. My cheekbones overlap my eyes a bit to make my eyes seem even smaller. I never used to have sunken eyes but I have used the computer ALOT lately, and no matter what I do I cannot seem to get rid of them. I have tried everything. Helpp.
Doctor :   The medical term for sunken eyes is enophthalmos.There are several conditins which can have sunken eyes as a symptom. Th e following are some of the more common ones: Dehydration Severe weight loss/malnutrition Underactive Thyroid Gland (Hypothyroidism) Horner's Syndrome I am unable to tell which, if any, of these conditions could explain your symptoms. I am not aware of prolonged computer use as one of the possible causes of enophhthalmos. I suggest visiting your doctor for thorough examination. The treatment for sunken eyes depends on the cause since curing the underlying condition will also relieve the symptoms.