Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Superficial Skin Infection

Superficial Skin Infection

Patient: Hi, i’m a 17 year old male, and a few weeks ago my friend bit me right bellow my right chest, he actually bit me trough my t-shirt, and some days later, a mark starts appearing, it’s sort of dry red and itchy, but Then a week later, small marks starts appearing on my upper body (Only over the bite mark) almost like my upperbody was Only infected. Then few days later, the itchy marks starts to show up on my neck and up trough my chin, more is showing up every day, i even found some on my arm, it’s annoying and i don’t know what to do, please help.

Doctor: In the absence of any picture of your skin lesions, it appears likely that you are suffering from a superficial skin inf ection at the site of your bite injury. The abrasive effect of the itching could have caused the infection to spread over a larger area around the bite mark. This condition can be managed easily by oral antibiotics and topical application of antiseptic ointments. You should visit a Dermatologist at the earliest, for appropriate therapy.