Superficial Skin Infection


Q: Hi, i'm a 17 year old male, and a few weeks ago my friend bit me right bellow my right chest, he actually bit me trough my t-shirt, and some days later, a mark starts appearing, it's sort of dry red and itchy, but Then a week later, small marks starts appearing on my upper body (Only over the bite mark) almost like my upperbody was Only infected. Then few days later, the itchy marks starts to show up on my neck and up trough my chin, more is showing up every day, i even found some on my arm, it's annoying and i don't know what to do, please help.


A:   In the absence of any picture of your skin lesions, it appears likely that you are suffering from a superficial skin infection at the site of your bite injury. The abrasive effect of the itching could have caused the infection to spread over a larger area around the bite mark. This condition can be managed easily by oral antibiotics and topical application of antiseptic ointments. You should visit a Dermatologist at the earliest, for appropriate therapy.

Related Q&A

Q: I really want a cat but suffer with allergies. Is there any way I can live with one and control the allergy

Q: Hi I wanted to see if my symptoms might be caused by a food sensitivity. I have a dry itchy flaky scrap, itchy skin ...

Q: Hello doctor I'm living in a very seasonal allergic pollotion city. Last month, I started getting there infections...

Q: I have been scheduled for a drug allergy challenge involving acetaminophen. The center will not have a physician in ...

Q: Hi There, I am an alcoholic. I have been drinking for years heavily (vodka) and then switched to wine to try to tamp...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon