Ask The Doctor > Pending > Supplemental essential amino acids

Supplemental essential amino acids

Patient: Hello,I wish to remove all sources of glutamic acid from my diet. I have been eating eggs whites for several months as my main source of food and protein. My triglyceride levels have dropped from 240 to 150 mg/dL, and I have lost over forty pounds. I have just found out that egg whites have glutamic acid an excitatory neurotransmitter which my body can produce on its own. I wish to change to a source of protein that does not contain glutamic acid and the only way to do this, is to break down my protein source and ingest the nine essential amino acids. I plan on using a supplement accomplish this. What would happen if I take 64 grams the 9 essential amino acids along with the other RDAs per day?

Symptoms: brain zaps

Doctor: