Supplements that could help with depression.

Q: Are there any supplements that are known to help with depression?

Symptoms:  Low motivation, low libido, tiredness.

A:   Thank you for your question. We are sorry that you are experiencing symptoms of depression. There are many supplements that are marketed for the treatment of depression, but it is important to note that the clinical efficacy, safety, and quality of such supplements can vary from brand to brand. We therefore cannot support the claims made by any supplement not approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
Having said that there are several 'lifestyle' modifications you can make that can help you with the symptoms of depression.
First, a healthy diet that provides you with adequate nutrients can improve your mood. B vitamins are important in producing chemicals in the brain that affect mood. Low levels of B12, B6 and Folate have been linked to depression, but the exact mechanism has not clearly been elucidated.
Secondly, exercising is a great way of improving one's mood. In fact, daily exercise has been shown to release endorphins. Endorphins are chemicals produced by the brain that naturally reduce pain, and improve one's mood.
If you have not yet consulted a physician to address your depression, we recommend that you do so. Medical causes of depression could be related to hormonal imbalances such as in the cause of thyroid dysfunction. There may also be a psychological issue that requires therapy to help you overcome your depression.

Thank you for choosing