Supplements while pregnant

Patient : Iam 6 weeks pregnant. I am taking Centrum Pregnancy Care which has 5mcg of vitamin D in it. Do I need to take a separate supplement of VItamin D3? Hope you can help.
Symptoms:  none
Doctor :   Thank you for your query. It is always better to take vitamin D3 supplement also along with your prenatal vitamin table t which generally has limited dose of vitamin D. It is always better to take this Vit D3 supplement as it helps in gestating the baby to term, checks pre-eclampsia (developing blood pressure during the pregnancy), regulates gestational diabetics etc. It is good for the developing baby also. Probably you can start this supplement of vitamin D3 a month later. Hope that answers your query. Wish you, good luck for your pregnancy.