Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Surgery-free bow leg remedies

Surgery-free bow leg remedies

Patient: Hello, I am a person who’s been living with bow legs for the past 17 years and would like to know any surgery-free remedies to help straighten my legs. Anything very helpful, healthy, and effective would help. Thank you.

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Genu Varum also know as bowed legs is a normal physiologic variation of legs and usually ob served at around the age of two years old. This is usually corrected at a very young age with specially constructed braces which gradually straightens the legs as the child grows. However at your age, having lived for 17 years with this, your tibia and fibula (the bones of the lower leg) may not respond to wearing braces and the only effective treatment for this problem is surgical.Thank you for choosing Askthedoctor.com