Surgery in Pregnancy

Patient : I just recently had a breast augmenation. And found out afterwards that I was pregnant but due to certain circumstances, I will be terminating the pregnancy. What were the risk of this surgery to my pregnancy?
Doctor :   The risks to the fetus are related to the drugs used in the anesthesia process and are actually quite low. Perhaps the m ost frequent and devastating pregancy complication that occurs during surgery is preterm labour or miscarriage leading to pregnancy loss.Though a distinct possibility, it is not a common occurrence .