Surgery to have sac removed

Patient

Q: Can you have surgery to have sac removed and be pregnant again?

Symptoms:  None
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
When the uterus is cleaned and emptied of the pregnancy either by scrapping the uterine lining under anesthesia or medication can be given to lead to medical termination of pregnancy if it is an early pregnancy. After a month or two pregnancy can be planned for. Sometimes if there is an incomplete abortion then the fetal remnants or the fetal sac can remain in the uterus therefore after a week past abortion scan is recommended to see if the abortion was complete or not. Aseptic conditions & hygiene, expertise are to be taken care off.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.