Suspected pregnancy

Patient: I use a period tracking app to determine when I am safe to have sex. I have a regular cycle. I had sex 5 days before I ovulated and my period is due to come one in one week. Is it too early to take a pregnancy test? It is two weeks since I had sex and one week since I ovulated. What should I do?

Doctor: Thank you for your query.Further to going through your query, it is advisable that you have to wait for at least anoth er week or so to get a blood test done for βhCG to know if you have conceived and probably another week for opting for a home pregnancy test. Since it is already past 15 of unprotected sexual intercourse nothing much can be done. But since you had sex 5 days prior to ovulation the chances of a probable conception are low. The spermatozoa remain viable for 3 to 5 days in the reproductive tract.Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.

Guest: dear doctor . my periods are late for over a week now. i did not have sex but i did do a little fingering with my boyfriend. the pregnancy tests are coming negative but is there any chance that i am pregnant and if so which medicine do you recommend to terminate pregnancy ?