Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Suspected pregnancy

Suspected pregnancy

Patient: I had unprotected sex 2 days after my last period using the ‘pull out method’ on the 15th of last month, I am now worried I’m not going to come on my period as I’m due anytime now. what do I do? I’m really worried as I’m only 16.

Doctor: Thank you for your queryYou have not mentioned which day of your cycle was it of your menstrual cycle that you had unprotected sexual intercourse. 2 days after my period means is it after you stopped bleeding, if yes, and if taken as 5-7 days of bleeding probably day 7 or day 9 of the menstrual you may have had unprotected sex in that scenario if your menstrual cycle periodicity is between 28-31 days, the probable chances of a conception are low. Sometimes ovulation can occur on any day of the menstrual cycle due to various reasons. However if you don’t get your menstrual cycle even after 7 to 10 days past your expected date of menstrual cycle opt for a home pregnancy test. It is always better to avoid an unwanted pregnancy by using contraceptive methods like barrier methods (condoms), birth control pills, or if inevitable use of emergency contraceptive pills or the morning after pills, than to opt for an abortion.Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.

Guest: i am 25 year woman married on 3 months back, i am doing unprotected sex but previous period delayed by 15 days and that time my tummy was very heavy. now my next period has not come and delayed by 5 days. yesterday milk was leaking from breast and it is paining. when i conduct my pregnancy test at home it come negative
my tummy has also increased little bit

my tummy has also increased little bit