Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Swallowed washer fluid

Swallowed washer fluid

Patient: I was getting into the car when my mom turned on the windshield fluid thing. A blast of the fluid hit me, some, I don’t know how much, might’ve went into my mouth, though I’m sure it was a very small amount. What should I do?

Doctor: First it is always better to rush to an emergency along with the sample of washer fluid and its contents if possible. Ea rly identification of toxins and indications of gastric lavage help to reduce chances of morbidity or further toxic effects of consumed any toxic substance. Irrespective of amount any kind of ingestion of abnormal articles, patient must be first shifted to emergency and later may be kept for observation.