Swallowed washer fluid

Patient

Q: I was getting into the car when my mom turned on the windshield fluid thing. A blast of the fluid hit me, some, I don't know how much, might've went into my mouth, though I'm sure it was a very small amount. What should I do?

Doctor

A:   First it is always better to rush to an emergency along with the sample of washer fluid and its contents if possible. Early identification of toxins and indications of gastric lavage help to reduce chances of morbidity or further toxic effects of consumed any toxic substance. Irrespective of amount any kind of ingestion of abnormal articles, patient must be first shifted to emergency and later may be kept for observation.

Related Q&A

Q: Hi ... I had a surgery on my knee due to cartilage defects on november 2015 and till now after the surgery and I ...

Q: Hi ... I had a surgery on my knee due to cartilage defects on November 2015 and till now after the surgery and I can'...

Q: Recent blood test..??? Should I be concerned? WBC-17.1 High Reference (4-11) Neutrophils-77.4 High Reference (...

Q: I have a ear infection. I am taking antibiotic and today i decided to pour ear drops inside my war - ciprodex. after ...

Q: I have blood clots in my leg at the top of the thigh in the femoral artery. I also have the factor 5 .I was put on X...

 
DOCTOR ADVISORY BOARD
218

Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician
173

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician
138

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist
98

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon
CNN
BBC
MSNBC
CBS
abcNews
FoxNews