Swallowing coins

Q: I was intoxicated last night and due to loosing a bet I swallowed an aus dollar coin how long will it take to pass through my body?

A:   I suggest you not to repeat such practices in the future.

The Oesophagus (food pipe ) is the narrowest part in the gastrointestinal tract, once it passes through this, it will take less than 4-5 days, often with in 2 days to get excreted.

You are advised to take a lot of fluids and soft diet. If you develop symptoms of fever or pain, you should present to the emergency department.If you develop symptoms of fever or pain, you should present to the emergency department. If no fever or pain develops, then you simply have to wait to allow it to pass. Until it passes, you should avoid contact with any strong magnetic materials as they may cause injury when ingesting magnetic objects.