Sweating Profusely while eating.

Patient : My 26 old son sweats PROFUSELY when eating. Our Doctors have dismissed it and haven't offered any concrete help. His blood work is normal ranges. Is it possibly an anxiety problem?
Symptoms:  Profuse sweating. Never seen anything like it. Eating, cold temps, recent airplane trip he had to change clothes he was seating so bad.
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for choosing "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query. The type of sweating that you are descri bing is called gustatory sweating. It occurs when there is deranged nerve communication wherein the parotid gland nerve communicates with the other somatic nerves. I understand that it could be very troublesome. Most of the patients use antiperspirants available OTC. Botox treatment has helped some in reducing the hyperhydrosis and can be considered if the symptoms are this severe. Do meet your doctor and discuss with him the possibility of the botox treatment. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. Wish you good health!