Sweats and Chills while Sleeping

Q: What can be said to be wrong if somebody had a drastic change in body temperature from one minute to the next? I went through a horrible night tossing and turning in bed because I would feel warmth to the point of sweating and then feel cold enough to cover myself in blankets. I have no idea why my body was acting this way.

A:   What you are describing sounds like "sweats and chills".  This is usually a symptom of fevers.  Fevers can be a sign of infections - Other things to watch out for would be a sore throat, coughing, pain, muscle aches and fatigue.  If you do not exhibit any of the other signs or symptoms,  I would just observe things for a few days and see if things improve or persist. If the sweats and chills persist, please see your doctor.