Swelling in Abdomen After Sex Since IUD Insertion a Week Ago

Patient

Q: I got an IUD (Mirena) about a week ago. I had severe pain on my side the first day that got better later the next day. The cramping seems to come and go at this point but isn't too bad. What I have noticed is after sex with my boyfriend I do get some minor cramping, but what has me most concerned is my stomach swells up now after sex, this never happened before the IUD. Is the swelling due to my body still adjusting to the IUD or does that only happen if something is wrong?

Symptoms:  cramping, bad stomach swelling after sex since getting IUD
Doctor