Swelling in neck and bottom lip

Patient

Q: Got a slight swelling in right jawline.neck and right bottom lip had this for 3 weeks got prescribed 5 day course a of amoxcilin 2 weeks ago but has not made a difference

Symptoms:  Swelling
Doctor

A:   Thank you for question. It is possible that it may take up to a week for this swelling to resolve as the antibiotics will continue to work after you complete the course. Should this swelling not resolve, or you do not see it reducing in size, please go back to your doctor to have it reevaluated. You may need to start another course of antibiotics to treat it.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com