Swelling inside vagina.


Q: There seems to be a lot of swelling of tissue (?) or something inside my vagina. I have urinary frequency and no longer am sexually active due to the fact it causes so much pain. I've attempted my own online research and am wondering if this could possibly be a prolapsed bladder or something along those lines?

Symptoms:  Urinary frequency and urgency, painful intercourse and a couple of UTI's in the last year.
Swelling inside vagina.-1

A:   Hello,
Thanks for the query.
On interpreting the symptoms you have furnished and reviewing the image you have sent, it looks like a cystocele that is a bladder wall prolapse which can cause increased frequency of urination and frequent urinary tract infection. A vault prolapse after hysterectomy needs to be ruled out. The area also looks severely inflammed as it appears red in color and hence you have a painful intercourse due to inflammation. It is recommended that you consult a gynecologist at the earliest for an examination. A surgical intervention may be needed like cystocele and vault repair. Your urine sample needs to be investigated for an infection and treated accordingly with antibiotics. Drink plenty of water and maintain sanitary hygeine. Avoid intercourse until you see a doctor. Thos can surely be treated.Do not worry
Hope this helped.

Comments / Follow Ups

Patient: Thank you so much for your advice. I will call my gynecologist Monday morning for an appointment and try not to worry in the meantime. I will follow all recommendations. Again, thank you.
Doctor: You are most welcome.

Related Q&A

Q: I have an issue when I rub and massage my elbow I get a tingling sensation in my pinky and ring finger

Q: Hi i m 25 years old n me n my husband had unprotected sex on the last day of my menstrual cycle ie on 25th Jan n I ha...

Q: Hi i have a slightly low thyroid and iam on medication. i recently wanted to take a amino acid blend, which includes ...

Q: Hi, i live in guyana , about two year ago i found out i have hrdorcephalus and at that time i was 20 years old, howev...

Q: Hi. This is more of a psychologist question that I would like help with. I have this friend that I'm really obsesse...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon