Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Swelling of the genetals

Swelling of the genetals

Patient: I have a bump that developed on my genital it feels more like a swelling should I be worried

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for contacting ATD,If you have experienced a single bump over your genital region especially on the l abia and it is not accompanied with any pain and have a cystic feel , then it s probably a bartholin’s cyst which is a benign cyst of Bartholin glands in the vestibule.You must get it evaluated by your physician with a local examination so that other possible causes like carbuncle, folliculitis, wart, or a STD blister may be ruled out.I hope i have answered your query ,wishing you good health,regards