Swelling of vagina. The upper part. No burning or itching.

Patient

Q: Swelling of vagina. The upper part. No burning or itching. No frequent urination. However it's almost as if the wall is coming out. It's only painful to sit. I noticed this after my last period and tampon removal.

Swelling of vagina. The upp...-1
Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,

This is typical vaginitis with vaginal mucousal edema, often seen after prolonged use of tampon or forgotten tampon or if tampon has been removed after more then 24 hrs. The local mucousa has inflamed and shows edema and hence the wall seems to be prolapsing outside.

You should get a vaginal swab culture done soon to identify the causative organism possibly bacterial. This would need a course of antibiotics for 7 days. Please meet your gynecologist for a local examination.

I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you good health,