Switched between generic pill brands

Patient

Q: Hi, I was taking Chateal and got switched to Portia because my medical wouldn't cover it. Since the prescription said it was the SAME as chateal due to the same levels of hormones, I started the pack of portia as soon as I finished the inactive pills on Chateal. My concern is...no one advised me if I had to wait 7 days or what the proper way of switching between brands was...and therefore I used no backup method and continued on as if I was still on Chateal. I did not miss any pills and always took them at the same time. Am I at risk of being pregnant? I am about to start my first inactive pill tomorrow, I may just be experiencing normal PMS symptoms, but I just want to make sure I am safe...

Symptoms:  Twinging feeling on left side, slight nausea from time to time...but I might be imagining things..
Doctor