Swollen Big toe Knuckle in soccer athlete

Patient

Q: Hurt my big toe knuckle a couple of weeks ago. The knuckle itself has a bump, and is bigger than the other knuckle, however last week i was able to go on a jog without pain. At the same time, every time i accidentally bump the toe across the house it starts to really hurt again. I'm not sure if its broken, because on the one side the knuckle of the big toe is now a bigger bump compared to the opposite toe, but then again i seem to have more range of motion with my toe than i should (If it were to be broken)

Symptoms:  Big toe knuckle pain, no bruising, swelling on the knuckle
Doctor