Swollen face cant blink eye

Patient : Since i woke this orning right side cheek, jaw and lip have been swollen and i can't blink left eye
Symptoms:  Swelling
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. Since you have developed the swelling in your face suddenly overnight, it could most prob ably be due to an allergic cause, may be a food allergy or an insect bite that would have triggered this. The other cause could be a nerve palsy, which needs a confirmation. I suggest you to see a doctor immediately and get yourself examined. You may be given a steroid injection and an antihistaminic drug. The doctor may wish to further investigate the same with blood, urine and neurological tests as well. Renal and liver function tests may be necessary. If the swelling subsides in a few hours and your eye also resumes blinking, then the reason could most likely be an allergy. Avoid the allergen which you were exposed to last night before you developed this swelling. Hope this helped. You may try hot fomentation or ice packs to bring down the swelling till then. Regards.