Swollen glands in the Neck

Patient: I have swollen glands in my neck that are very hot and making my neck very sore I also have i think swollen glands under my arms as they are painful too should i see the doctor

Doctor: You certainly need to see the doctor, because the glands you refer to are the lymph nodes, which act as filters for infe ction and are a type of immune housing harbouring white cells that fight the infection or disease processes that may be happening in nearby organs. Enlarged, hot and red lymph nodes suggest a high-level of activity and should be considered as a signal for immediate treatment to control the underlying condition that may have triggered it.You certainly need to see the doctor, because the glands referred to are the lymph nodes, whic act as filters for infection and are a type of immune housing harbouring white cells that fight the infection or disease processes that may be happening in nearby organs. Enlarged, hot and red lymph nodes suggest a high-level of activity and should be considered as a signal for immediate treatment to control the underlying condition that may have triggered it.