Swollen jaw and gums from eating sweets

Patient

Q: Yesterday i had some sweets and got an allergic reaction from them which left my jaw and lower gum swollen. The swelling in the jaw has gone down but the gum is still a little swollen. The thing is my gum is now sore. Is this something to be worried about?

Symptoms:  Sore gums and sore teeth
Doctor

A:   It seems that you are suffering from gingivitis. It may or may not be due to an allergic reaction. You should consult a dental surgeon for proper diagnosis and further management. In the mean while, you should maintain proper oral hygiene and use a mild mouth wash after every meal. Avoid using harsh toothbrush.