Swollen knee for the last 3 days but I have not been injured

Patient : I have a swollen knee. I did not injure it, one morning it had just started swelling. I do not have any pain, but i do have some loss of range of motion when i bend my knee, and my knee seems to be the same temperature as the other one. The vague answers on the internet lead me to suspect it may be something like a viral infection or arthritis, but obviously that could be completely wrong. I would like to wait and see if it will get better by myself or gets too inconvenient or uncomfortable before I spend money consulting a doctor (my insurance does not kick in for another 2 weeks). My question is do these symptoms indicate something that could possibly get worse and cause more harm, in which case I will go and see a physician tomorrow, or is it reasonable to keep an eye on it? If it is ok to just watch for a couple weeks, what symptoms should I look for? Thank you for your time and expertise.
Symptoms:  Swollen knee/no injury/no pain/seems like fluid in my knee/it has been three days