Swollen lip from taking Adderall

Q: I took a 30mg Adderall pill yesterday and I woke up today with one side of my upper lip very swollen, how do I treat this?

Symptoms:  Swollen lip

Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.com
The swollen lip is an hypersensitivity reaction to ADDERALL pill. If there has been no breathing difficulty or any form of rash on the body , headache, nausea , then it is comparatively of lesser intensity. Such reactions can be controlled by taking antihistaminics twice a day . The swelling should subside in few hours or reduce after the first dose. However if the swelling is persistent for more than 12 hours after taking the antihistaminic then you may visit your physician for a probable administration of steroid injection of hydrocortisone for the same.
But it is likely that it should subside with antihistaminics and hence in future you should avoid usage of Adderall learning that you are allergic to it.
I hope i have answered your query,
Wishing you speedy recovery.