Swollen lymph node after penecillin

Patient : I have swelling on my right lymph gland and it's tender. I went to the doctor last week and was given a course of penicillin but the swelling hasn't gone down, should I be worried?
Symptoms:  General feeling of unwell, stiff joints and hips (currently have physio)
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. You need to see your Doctor as soon as possible. I think that you may not have an infect ion that gets cured with penicillin. Resistance is one possibility. Another possibility is that you have a non-bacterial infection. This type of infection needs different antimicrobials to treat it. Hope this helps. Wishing you a speedy recovery.