Swollen stomach for 3 days now

Patient : I had severe abdominal pain Sunday for about 4 hours. I had never felt anything like this except when I gave birth to my 2 kids. I have a pretty good tolerance of pain but this was really bad. I had no other symptoms just cramping. I have been able to go the bathroom like normal. I can still eat. I weigh the same but my issue is that since Sunday my stomach is noticeably larger. My clothes fit tight and I feel fine as far pain goes and eating normal. I just don't know why my stomach is swollen. It has not gone back to normal and I look like I'm pregnant but I'm not cause I have an IUD that is set to come out next March. Please help me figure this out. If I need to see my doctor I will just seems odd to go in a swollen belly.
Symptoms:  Swollen stomach
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. We are sorry that you are experiencing this abdominal pain. Your abdominal swelling could b e caused by several different conditions. One possibility is that your IUD could be causing you this abdominal pain. In very rare cases, IUDs can cause an infection known as pelvic inflammatory disease or can even cause perforation of the uterine wall. Both of these complications will produce intense pain and abdominal distention. We strongly recommend that you go to your nearest emergency department for evaluation of your symptoms. You will need to have an ultrasound and pelvic examination to determine the exact source of your pain. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com