Swollen tongue, face, and glands

Q: For the past few days my glands on the left side have been swollen and I've had really bad random headaches. Yesterday i woke up with a swollen tongue and white patches on it and its still like this. and the right side of my face is swollen

Symptoms:  No coughing or sneezing. just headaches and my body gets weak and i get dizzy

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that you are having an allergic reaction to a substance you may have been exposed to. The swelling of your tongue leads us to believe that this is a severe allergic reaction which may cause your airways to swell leading to difficulty breathing. We strongly recommend that you seek medical attention immediately to determine if you are suffering form an allergic reaction. You may need to be admitted to the hospital to be treated with antiinflammatory medication to reduce the swelling you are experiencing. Please seek medical attention.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com