Symptoms of pregnancy

Patient

Q: I had unprotected sex 3 weeks ago and had all symptoms of pregnancy, sore breasts, cramps , nausea, tired, discharging, cravings, dizziness, then my period is 1 day late it started light pink now its a little heavy red i don't know if im pregnant or not

Doctor

It is always not a right approach to bank on the likely symptoms of pregnancy for confirmation of pregnancy. If you have started with your menses as of now, then it is unlikely that you may be pregnant. You may however confirm it with a serum beta hcg level test which if found to be less than 1 would rule out pregnancy confirmatively or vice versa.
Such symptoms of sore breasts, cramps , nausea, tired, discharging, cravings, dizziness, they all also form part of premenstrual syndrome which mimics early pregnancy symptoms in absence of pregnancy and indicates that menses would ensue in next few days. The PMS symptoms subside after the onset of menses or sometimes with the end of menses.
If your menses have started then most likely these symptoms are PMS and not pregnancy. But get a serum beta hcg test done.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health,
regards