Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Symptoms of pregnancy but negative pregnancy test

Symptoms of pregnancy but negative pregnancy test

Patient: Hey, I’m just curious whether i could possible be pregnant or not. I am currently 4 days late, I took a preg test at 1 day late which showed negative, but for some reason I just feel like i am pregnant. I am bloated, I feel like i cant stop eating, I get nauseated randomly, I’ve been having continual dizzy spurts… Should I go to a clinic and get a blood test? I just don’t believe the negative test for some reason….

Doctor: Sometimes tests for pregnancy are negative because the pregnancy hormone has not reached a sufficient amount to be detec ted in these tests. I would suggest that you wait a week and repeat the test. If the test is still negative, you may need to get a blood test to confirm pregnancy.